Search + Rescue
You can subscribe to rescue every month. Our Search + Rescue community sends teams of operatives, law enforcement, and aftercare workers to the front lines of the fight against human trafficking. Together we can find and free victims.
More Ways to Give
The Exodus Road extends our deepest gratitude to those passionate supporters who have included a gift to us in their will and/or estate plans. The thoughtful vision of planned giving through bequests, trusts, insurance and other avenues provide continued opportunity to find and free victims of human trafficking, and arrest their traffickers.
With a planned giving program (or legacy gift) you are able to make plans to leave money or assets to The Exodus Road at a future date – both during your lifetime and after. There are many forms of planned giving, so if you would like to discuss the opportunities on how to help make a drastic and systemic change in the fight against human trafficking, contact us today.
Donating stocks that have appreciated in value to a charity is one of the most tax-smart ways to give.
By donating stock that has appreciated for more than a year, you are actually giving 20 percent more than if you sold the stock and then made a cash donation, by avoiding capital gains taxes. You can donate stocks to The Exodus Road by following three simple steps.
Initiate the Stock Transfer
Stock donations can be gifted to The Exodus Road in two ways: via electronic transfer or by mailing the paper certificates to The Exodus Road. For either method, it is necessary for you to contact your broker to initiate the transfer. Click here to download a sample letter.
Notify The Exodus Road
Send the Stocks to The Exodus Road
If sending electronically
(Name of where to send)
ACCT Name: Tax ID#:
If sending by Registered Mail
Mail your UNENDORSED certificate(s) with a Stock Power Form by registered mail, to:
The Exodus Road
P.O. Box 64063
Colorado Springs, CO 80962
Matching gifts are often established by companies and corporations as an employee benefit.
After an employee donates to a nonprofit, they can submit a matching gift request to their employer and the company will make an additional donation to that nonprofit. Please consult your HR department for the specific steps needed to request a Matching Gift.
Though every matching gift program is unique to the company, every set of guidelines is sure to include the same elements:
- Match ratio: The match ratio refers to the amount of money a company will pay in relation to the original donation made by the employee. A 1:1 ratio means that a company will donate the exact same amount. The match ratio can be anywhere from .5:1 to 3:1, though it is most commonly 1:1 or 2:1.
- Minimums and maximums: Matching gift programs will almost always specify a minimum and maximum amount for qualifying donations. If an employee donates less than the minimum, they are not eligible for a match. If they donate more, they are only eligible for as much as the specified maximum amount.
- Employee status: Sometimes the match ratio, or even an employee’s eligibility, depends on the employee’s status. For example, a part-time employee might be eligible for a 1:1 match, while a CEO of the same company qualifies for a 2:1 match. Often retired employees are eligible for matching gifts as well, though sometimes at a reduced ratio.
- Type of organization: Some companies will narrow their matching gift programs to organizations of a certain kind.
- Deadlines: It is important to check your guidelines specifically for the deadline for requesting matching gifts. Some companies put their deadline at the end of the year, while some use Tax Day as their cutoff.
We take financial responsibility and transparency seriously here at The Exodus Road. It’s why we have an independent financial audit done every year. It’s why we track every dollar given and use it where designated. We know your trust in us is as valuable as the money you give.
We take financial responsibility and transparency seriously here at The Exodus Road. It’s why we have an independent financial audit done every year.
”The Exodus Road has been a chief partner, and we are incredibly pleased to continue to work alongside them for the freedom of sex slaves and the empowerment of local investigative and advocacy teams. As a charitable foundation, we highly recommend their work and their integrity.Austin BevereMessenger International